After water, tea is the most consumed beverage in the world. But there are many different ways to enjoy tea. Recently we had a staff wide challenge to create recipes that used tea as a major ingredient. This recipe features our Dark Forest tea and is contributed by Caroline.
DARK FOREST PORK LOIN
- Pork loin
- 1 oz of Dark Forest tea for every lb. of pork
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450° (F).
2. Crush Dark Forest tea with mortar & pestle to a uniform texture.
3. Coat both sides of the pork loin with the Dark Forest rub.
4. Place olive oil in a pan and heat to medium-high.
5. Sear each side of the pork loin for 4-5 minutes (8-10 minutes total).
6. Wrap loin in aluminum foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Cute into 1" slices and serve.