The Jasmine Pearl Tea Company is a growing company dedicated to sharing high quality tea through sustainable practices and expanding tea education.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume in-person at The Jasmine Pearl: 724 NE 22nd Ave Portland, OR 97232. Alternately, you can also email us your resumé and cover letter. For questions, contact us at 503.236.3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wholesale Admin Assistant
The Jasmine Pearl is seeking to hire a creative, focused, and motivated individual to provide administrative and sales support to our wholesale department team.
The Wholesale Sales Assistant will have a variety of responsibilities and ideally has a knack for maneuvering seamlessly between tasks. Here is an overview of what you could expect to be doing on a daily basis.
CUSTOMER CARE & ORDER PROCESSING:
- Work in collaboration with our wholesale sales team and order fulfilment team to provide excellent customer service for current and potential clients.
- Receive incoming wholesale orders via website, phone, and email. Enter sales orders into QuickBooks for processing.
- Respond to customer questions in a timely manner.
- Assist with will-call wholesale orders.
- General account maintenance, including payment, past due collections and maintaining payment information.
- Drive sales by ensuring wholesale partners are aware of seasonal teas, promotions, and other exciting things taking place at JPT via phone and email when orders are placed.
- Coordinate and gather supplemental items needed for orders: menus, scoops, labels, recipes, etc.
- Support sales managers on projects proactively and on an as-needed basis.
- Onboard new customers: Account setup, provide web ordering instructions to new wholesale partners.
- Assemble and mail sales materials and sample kits.
- General filing and organizing.
- Assist with sample packet production, scoops, labels, and wholesale documents.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with sales team to develop ideas and strategies for promotions and events.
- Attend promotional events, as needed but no more than 4 per year. Events may fall on a weekend.
- Backup delivery driver (if the main driver is unavailable).
Each team member is assigned core responsibilities. However, all employees should be willing and ready to assist in other aspects of business operations as needs arise.
Wondering if you are qualified and would be successful in this position? Here is what we are looking for:
- Strong customer service & problem-solving skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Must work well with - and enjoy - engaging others.
- Excellent organization skills to manage priorities.
- Thirst for learning about tea and continuing your tea education.
- Enjoy collaboration and working as a team but is also self-driven.
- Basic computer skills: Experience with Microsoft Office, processing web orders, and MailChimp a plus.
- Previous experience in food and beverage a plus.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication.
- A positive, professional, and helpful attitude.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Prior tea knowledge is not required. However, an authentic interest in tea culture and history is important to be successful in this role. Employee will be given extensive tea training. Training on Intuit QuickBooks and other computer programs used at JPT will also be provided.
We are sure you’re wondering what we have to offer you! Here is just a glimpse at some of our employee perks:
- 2 weeks PTO
- Health insurance
- Vision and dental group plan available
- 1 week paid sick leave
- Staff discount on tea
Compensation is dependent upon experience.
The Jasmine Pearl Tea Co. does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay.