After water, tea is the most consumed beverage in the world. But there are many different ways to enjoy tea. Recently we had a staff wide challenge to create recipes that used tea as a major ingredient. This recipe features our Bombay Breakfast blend and is contributed by Michael!
Bombay Breakfast Shortbread Cookies
- 227 g (2 sticks) salted butter
- 113 g confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp anise extract
- 12 g Bombay Breakfast tea
- 229 g all-purpose flour
1. In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and anise. Beat in flour and fine, flour-ground tea.
2. Form into log and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 300° (F). Line large baking sheet with parchment.
4. Slice log into 12-14 slices and stamp each with the bottom of a floured rocks glass.
5. Arrange on cookie sheet with ample room and bake 35-40 minutes.
6. Let cool on a wire rack.