A slightly astringent raw puerh with a wood-charred mushroom flavor and smokey scent from 2002.
Raw Chinese Puerh Tea.
8 oz Cup
- Break off approximately one heaping teaspoon of puerh into infuser.
- Heat water to 208° F (just before boiling).
- Pour 8 oz. of hot water over tea leaves.
- Steep for 3-10 minutes, depending on taste preference.
- Remove infuser and enjoy tea.
Puerhs can be brewed multiple times. Re-steep the same leaves, gradually increasing the infusion time until the leaves no longer yield a full flavor.
Simply add to your infuser one heaping teaspoon of leaf per 8 oz. of water and place it in your pot, then add the appropriate amount of 208° F water and let it steep for 3 to 10 minutes. Remove the infuser and enjoy.
Brewing Iced Tea
Though we don't necessarily recommend drinking Mournful Prison Mountain iced, our opinion is that a cooled concentrate works best, as regular-strength brew tends to become watery as the ice melts. So, use the above leaf quantities, but half the water, allow it to cool, then pour it over ice and enjoy! The brew will dilute down to proper strength as the ice melts.