A great coffee alternative! Smooth, dark, and rich, this blend of chicory, cacao, cinnamon and many other delicious herbs create a satisfying brew for morning or afternoon. Due to the presence of cacao nibs, which contain caffeine, don't drink Dark Forest near bedtime!
Cacao Nibs, Cinnamon*, Chicory, Honeybush*, Carob*, Nutmeg*, Ginger*, Red Clover*, Rosemary.
8 oz Cup
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon of tea into infuser.
- Heat water to 212° F (boiling).
- Pour 8 oz. of water over tea leaves.
- Steep tea for 3-5 minutes (depending on taste preference).
- Remove infuser and enjoy tea.
- Dark Forest is quite tasty with milk, soy, etc., and even a touch of sweetener (we recommend agave nectar).
Simply add to your infuser one heaping teaspoon of leaf per 8 oz. of water and place it in your pot, then add the appropriate amount of 212° F water and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the infuser and enjoy.
Brewing Iced Tea
Our opinion is that a cooled concentrate works best, as regular-strength brew tends to become watery as the ice melts. So, use the above leaf quantities, but half the water, allow it to cool, then pour it over ice and enjoy! The brew will dilute down to proper strength as the ice melts.