This orthodox black tea from Sri Lanka has a wide appeal. Our is a single estate selection that is mildly astringent and pleasantly fruity, with good body. An ideal breakfast tea that can be enjoyed with or without milk.
Sri Lankan Black Tea*.
- Scoop a level teaspoon of tea into infuser.
- Heat water to 190° F (before boiling).
- Pour 8 oz. of water over tea leaves.
- Steep tea for 3-5 minutes (depending on taste preference).
- Remove infuser and enjoy tea.
Simply add to your infuser one level teaspoon of leaf per 8 oz. of water and place it in your pot, then add the appropriate amount of 190° F water and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the infuser and enjoy.
Brewing Iced Tea
Our opinion is that a cooled concentrate works best, as regular-strength brew tends to become watery as the ice melts. So, use the above leaf quantities, but half the water, allow it to cool, then pour it over ice and enjoy. The brew will dilute down to proper strength as the ice melts.