After water, tea is the most consumed beverage in the world. But there are many different ways to enjoy tea. Our first round of staff created tea recipes was a big hit and we've had many ask us to do it again. In response we recently had another staff potluck and here are the results, just in time for the rainy season (or winter as it's known outside of Portland). This month we have Golden Fire Eggnog!
This very easy recipe will give your eggnog that extra boost this holiday season. Makes 8 servings.
GOLDEN FIRE EGGNOG
- 1 carton eggnog*
- 2 tbsp Golden Fire tea from the Jasmine Pearl Tea Co.
- 8 oz hot water
*A good ready-made eggnog is made locally, here in Portland, by Alpenrose Dairy.
- Brew 2 tbsp of Golden Fire with 8 oz hot water @ 212° F (or boiling).
- To make a spicy concentrate, let steep for 15-30 minutes.
- Cool completely before mixing a 3:1 ratio of eggnog to Golden Fire concentrate.
- Stir and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
For added holiday spirit, substitute 1 part eggnog for 1 part spiced rum or brandy and serve in your most festive glassware!